Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned!

And speaking of pennies, I cannot believe how much I saved today. I know that I keep on expanding my horizons on this blog, but I just had to share my good fortune today. This was what I bought: 15 bags (3 lbs each) of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, two packages of thighs, two packages of legs, three packages of bacon, 18 packages of Oscar Meyer lunch meat, eight packages of shredded cheese, two bags of Halls cough drops, two tubes of Chapstick, 6 cans of Rotel, 5 tubes of Crest toothpaste, two bottles of Franks hot sauce,two bags granola, 7 boxes of granola bars, 4 boxes Kraft macaroni and cheese, 10 containers of Daisy sour cream, 2 bottles of body wash, 3 packages Johnsonville italian sausage, 3 boxes tissue, one colgate toothpaste, one package Wisp toothbrushes. The total came to $328, but after sales and coupons I spent $144! Can you believe that?!
Now you might ask, "What on earth will you do with 18 packages of lunch meat?" Freeze it of course. I have gotten smarter in my couponing and now no longer buy things I don't need just because they're cheap. Today I got exactly what my family needs and uses.
And let me tell you, Jonny and I walked out of those two stores bursting our buttons. We were so proud of ourselves!
Let me encourage you to try this coupon thing. It really is amazing! You won't believe what you can get for free or almost free.
That is all for today.

3 comments: