Friday, January 29, 2010

And a few more ideas







Are you starting to love these colors together as much as I do? I'm telling you that I have never seen two colors go together so perfectly and accomplish such cheeriness, brightness, and perfect harmony as turquoise and red. I am crazy about this color scheme in case you couldn't tell. I still cannot find the adorable cannister set that is in the top right column of my blog, for sale. They are sitting right there on the internet, calling my name, beckoning me to buy them and set them in a place of honor on my new countertop. But alas, they are not for the taking. I am also mourning my poor judgement in not buying the roll of bright red and white vintage wallpaper listed on ebay two weeks ago. They are gone forever, and I cannot find anything that even remotely looks like what I need. Good thing I have a little time before this gets started.
Today I went through my new All You magazine and pulled out a couple of recipes that I had found. I went to the store and bought all the ingredients for Party Mix and Peanut Butter Brownies. None of it was on sale, and all of it was expensive. But I went ahead and sacrificed because these recipes looked so good. So I started the process of mixing bagel chips, cheese crackers, wasabi peas, cashew, worceshire, dry mustard, and a host of other things together in a large bowl. Tossed it, baked it at just the right temperature for less time then the recipe said, and it burned. I tasted some of it to figure out if it was still edible, and still convinced that this recipe was going to be dynamite, I started over again. Dumped the first batch, and used up the rest of the ingredients I had. Lowered the oven temp. and cooked it ten minutes as opposed to the twenty to twenty-five they suggested. Nasty, nasty, nasty.
Why anyone would ever make up this recipe, and decide to post it in a magazine for all to dash their hopes on, escapes me.
Then came the brownies. In the magazine, they were shaped like little footballs. But not being into football anymore than I'm into grandaddy spiders, I put mine in a normal baking dish. Did everything just like I should've done (which you now know isn't like me at all), and baked it again less time then the recipe called for. Disgusting, disgusting, disgusting! Jonny took one bite and through his brownie in the trash.
I'm sorry to be negative, but from now on, I will only be using the coupons in the All You.
Win some, lose some.
Tonight I not only lost some appetites, but a pretty penny from my wallet as well. Oh well, such is life.
Tomorrow morning is the perfect morning to get up and make a big breakfast ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment