Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Couple of New Recipes

One day I started worrying that if something ever happened to me, that my kids might miss having some of their favorite meals (I know, I know, like that's really what they would say at my funeral. "Ah gee, no more chicken spaghetti"). Or on the more practical side, when I get in a rut, and my imagination just won't work for dinner, then I needed a list of what my family likes to eat. So I went through and made a quick list in the front of my cookbook of names of our favorite dishes, and where to find some of the recipes. Here is our list:
Chicken Spaghetti
Fried Chicken
King Chicken Casserole
Chicken Continental
Sour Cream Enchiladas
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Salad
Chicken and Rice
Cashew Chicken Casserole
Chili
Meat Loaf (recipe from Better Homes and Gardens)
Stroganoff
Tacos
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Lasagna
Potato Soup
Jamabalaya
Smothered Steak
Roast
This has come in handy when I'm planning menus for the week. I must admit I am rather proud of myself for this idea.

Just a couple of my family's favorite recipes
Grass Rolls-1 stick butter melted
1 tablespoon dried onion
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
1 tsp dill weed
stir together
cut two cans of refrigerated biscuits in half
and dip into butter mixture
place close together in pan
and bake at 350 until light golden

Onion Pie-30 crushed Saltines
1/2 cup melted butter
mix together and press into bottom of round casserole dish
saute 3 cups sliced onion in 1/4 cup butter
pour over crust
sprinkle 1/2 lb grated sharp cheddar over onions
1 and 1/2 cups milk scalded
slowly add three beaten eggs to milk
whisking quickly to not cook egg
mix in 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
then pour milk mixture over onion
bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly

Enjoy these!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: