Thursday, April 29, 2010

Taking a little trip!

Well my friends, I bid you a fond farewell for the next week and a half. I am off to Destin with my family! We are leaving tomorrow morning and will not be back until Mothers Day. Packing for this many people is no picnic let me tell you. My list includes such things as: sunscreen, aloe vera, playpens, pillows, toys, books, movies, diapers, spanking spoons, pacifiers, cameras, ipods, colors, blankets, sand toys, Magic Erasers (who knows what my boys will find to destroy!), first aid kit, sunglasses for seven people, hats, and countless others things that I'm so afraid I will forget.

This is our first real vacation in six years. The last time we saw the beach, Meghan was four. The kids are so excited that we have talked about nothing else. The girls have every detail planned out including what pajamas they will wear what night and what the first things they will say to each other when they wake up will be. Poor Molly has absolutely no concept of time just yet, and so when Monday rolled around and we told her we were leaving for Florida this week, she thought that meant this day. Needless to say when bedtime came and we weren't in the car yet, she was distraught to say the least!
She also has no idea what the beach really is. She knows that there will be waves that will splash your feet, but that's about it. So when we took her to Branson and had lunch on the rather pitiful lake, she hollers out "Is that the ocean?!"
She is in for a nice surprise:-)

My kitchen is very nearly close to being done. Jonny is slapping the last coat of paint on the floor tonight so it can dry while we're gone. And then just a little more painting when we get home. It has really turned out nice and I am very pleased with it. Can't wait to show it off to you!

I have to run now. There is much to be done. Have a wonderful weekend and I wish you much sun although I'm afraid you're not going to get it:-(
See you in a week and a half!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a great trip! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete