Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Without further adieu...Lemonade Pie


I have been promising this recipe for so long that I'm sure you have given up on ever getting it. But finally as promised, the most delicious, succulent, creamy, tart, dessert you've ever tasted.
Lemonade Pie
Two (5) ounce cans evaporated milk
2 (3.4 ounce) packages lemon instant pudding mix
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese softened
1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade, partially thawed
1 (9 ounce) ready-made graham cracker crust
Garnishes: whipped cream, fresh mint sprigs, lemon slices
1. Whisk together evaporated milk and pudding mix in a bowl 2 minutes or until thickened.
2.Beat cream cheeses at medium speed with an electric mixer, using whisk attachment, until fluffy. Add lemonade concentrate, beating until blended; add pudding mixture, and beat until blended.
3. Pour into crust; freeze 4 hours or until firm. Garnish, if desired.
This came right out of Southern Living magazine and I have not changed the recipe in any way, shape, or form. I promise.
This recipe needs no help whatsoever! A couple of tips though. BE SURE that your cream cheese is softened or else the pie will be full of little lumps that are not so wonderful. Then as far as garnish goes, I always thinly slice a lemon in a large curly-q, then twist it and place it on top of the pie. Mint leaves are absolutely gorgeous!
One more recipe to make up for my long silence. My version of chicken salad. I am aware that there are hundreds of different ways to make this, but the only two recipes that I'm really crazy about are mine and Spring Creek Tea Room. Is that bragging? :-(
Once again, I have absolutely no measurements at all, so bare with me.
I boil a three pound bag of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Then cool and shred. I cut up loads of grapes into halves because I just love lots of grapes in my chicken salad. Then I cut up a three or four stalks of celery into pretty small pieces. Celery is not my favorite vegetable by any means. I consider it only a tool to get ranch dip into my mouth. But nevertheless, it does add a nice crunch. Then I put in a small bag of sliced almonds (if you're lucky, you can find the seasoned ones. They are delicious!!) and some Lawry's seasoning salt. Then I add enough mayonnaise to make it nice and creamy. Top it off with some salt and pepper (watch out with the amount of salt, the Lawry's is really salty) and mix together. I love to serve it in a pita pocket. But I have been convicted of sneaking into the fridge and eating it right out of the bowl!
Now to the news which I know that you are all sitting on the edge of your seats to hear! The remodel is coming along. Way too slow for my taste, but getting there nonetheless. I have it all set back up including new pretties hanging from the pot rack. The back-splash is put in, just not grouted yet. The counter-tops are being finished as we speak. The floor is painted but let's not talk about that unpleasentry just yet. The fireplace is painted and the new light is put in. All that is left is a little painting, a little trim work, and some wallpaper.
I am planning an open house the middle to the end of May. But first I have to find some old mirrors in different sizes. Let me know if you know where I can snag some. I'm going to paint them red and hang them in the hall.
Must run now. Coming soon: Guacamole and deviled eggs with bacon!

No comments:

Post a Comment