Thursday, April 8, 2010

My attempt at writing down my potato salad recipe

No pictures just yet, but we are making great progress! The floor is now painted although I'm afraid that my fear of going too bright made me go too light. We are going to wait to put on the second coat until right before we go on vacation the first of May. I think I'll have to make that coat a little brighter. Mom came today and helped me put everything back in the cabinets. Considering that Jonny forgot to put plastic up over the doors, everything single thing had to be washed and dryed and not having a dishwasher just yet, everything had to be done by hand. It was a chore and a half let me tell you!!
I'm really hoping to have pictures by next week. Hopefully we will be mostly done by that time.

All righty then, how about a recipe? I can't get to my Southern Living magazine to give you the lemonade pie because of the wet floor, so I will give you one that really has no recipe. I just made it up myself. Hopefully you don't get too frustrated by the lack of measurements.
This is my very own recipe for potato salad. It is very southern, so if you are not a fan of southern foods, then steer clear of this one.

Peel and cut up however many potatoes it will take to feed your clan. I usually do a minimum of five pounds and sometimes as much as ten pounds. It tastes even better left over!
Boil until soft, then drain. Add enough sour cream and mayonnaise to make almost creamy enough (equal portions of both) remembering that you can always add more but can't take any out. Then stir in desired amount of yellow mustard. I personally like lots of mustard as does my family. This needs lots of salt because it just seems to drink it right up. Pepper as well. Then the special secret which you cannot skimp on or it just doesn't turn out right. Use the baby Claussen pickles from the refrigerated section. I usually use half a jar for five pounds of potatoes. Cut them into smallish pieces (not too small). Then if you dare, I sometimes add some of the pickle juice as well. It just really makes it a little more...pickely shall we say.
Refrigerate and serve cold. Although Jonny likes his warm I am not crazy about it this way.

There you go. I did my best. Feel free to ask question if I did not make something clear, and I'll do my best to help you.
I can't wait to keep sharing my favorite summer recipes with you! Bring on the barbecues and picnics!!

1 comment:

  1. i have always wanted this recipe from you thanks christina

    ReplyDelete