Monday, May 10, 2010

How sweet to be home

After a perfectly lovely week on the beach with my sweet family, I am home in my own castle. We had a marvelous time running on the beach (I can't say lounging because with five babies trying to test the water, we never sat for more than thirty seconds), eating fresh crab legs, watching cable tv, visiting with Mom and Dad and Nate and Steph, and knowing each day that there was absolutely no schedule to keep.

The week started with a huge storm which I was completely panicking over. Where on earth would we run with seven children if a hurricane blew in?! But I now look back and realize that it was a wonderfully relaxing day watching the rain on the beach and hearing the waves crash. We sat in our sitting area off our bedroom and watched the storm. But then the sun came out and we had the best time watching Danny, Charlie, and Alek building sandcastles. Those boys had the best time of their lives! We all got as brown as berries and only half of our crew got sunburned.

We tried to be adventurous and make the trip home in only one day. That was perhaps a little on the foolish side. We left that morning at 8:30 and by 10:00 that night, our kids had had enough. Danny started screaming so loud only stopping if I had my hand on his leg. Which trying to reach around behind my seat for that long totally put my arm to sleep. By the time we hit Cabool, everyone in our car was crying besides Meg and Jonny.

We spent yesterday unpacking the trailer we had to rent to cart all our stuff, and putting everything away. Then grocery shopping. It was not exactly the most exciting Mother's Day ever, but it has made for a very relaxing day today. I must say that I'm not extremely fond of the chilly weather we have returned to. Coming from sunshine and sleeveless tops to turning on the heater and the fireplace and putting the boys in footed sleepers has been a little disappointing. But extremely condusive to laying around doing nothing today.

Now that vacation and remodeling are about wrapped up, I intend to do a better job of keeping up with my blog. Time to start cooking again!!

Have to run now. The couch is calling my name!!

No comments:

Post a Comment