Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Menu

How can even possibly begin to apologize enough for my extended silence? I cannot even describe how busy life has been around here! The boys have managed to escape from the house and into the street, find where the butcher knives were hidden, steal and lose Molly's toothbrush, terrorize the dog, chase each other with the bottle of Clorox spray that is kept in a "child safety" locked cabinet, figure out how to take the padlock off the pool gate, and open the impossibly hard to open back gate. Not to mention they figured out how to pop all the keys off the keyboard, so my spelling might be a little wacky since I have no right shift key, no "E" key, and I'm missing a few others that I'm not sure what they are suppose to be! I have spent much time collapsed on the floor wondering if they will ever make it to age three. I now realize how much more time I should spend praying for their continued and miraculous safety.

Not to mention all the work that has been going on around here. Jonny brought three of his guys over here on Friday and had them work on anything that I decided was important. Fun, fun, fun!! They got alot done on the tree house, hung light fixtures, painted the hall, and cleaned up the back yard. Then yesterday, Jonny and I cleaned out the garage and guess what?! Time for another yard sale!! This weekend to be exact. I am selling my really nice double stroller, and my jogging stroller.

But enough about my business. Let's get back to the purpose for this post! This is my Memorial Day Menu:
Hamburgers (with special sauce!)
Hot Dogs
Potato Salad
Baked Beans
Guacamole and chips
Homemade Salsa
Pasta Salad
Deviled Eggs
Berry Trifle
Lemonade Pie
Mexican Bottled Coke

Is your mouth watering just a little? I have already posted the recipe for most of these things, but I will add the salsa today. This is my Mom's recipe and I have to say that although I hate almost everything that is in this recipe, mixed together it is the best salsa I've ever tasted!
It is not hard at all, the key is to find really delicious tomatoes.
Simply chop up 3 large tomatoes and 3 green onions. Then add 1 can of chopped black olives and 1 can of chopped green chilies. Then pour in 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil and 3 teaspoons of white vinegar. Season with garlic salt and salt and pepper.
Really delicious and so fresh! I highly recommend trying this one!

I found a new magazine today that I am sooo excited about! It is "Taste of Home Great American Cookout". It has all kinds of delicious looking recipes in it, and I can't wait to try some of them! I will say that the Circus Peanut Gelatin sort of made my stomach turn. But other than that, I'm looking forward to adding some new recipes to my usual cookout menu.

I hope that you all have a wonderful holiday tomorrow filled with good food and great fellowship!

Oh by the way, the house is just about done, and I am still planning on having an open house hopefully before the middle of June. I will post when it's coming. Night all!!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like your boys got the Jeppsen family destructive gene. Just wait until they get to be about 8 and want to use tools. They will then dismantle everything they can, just to see how it works. But then of course won't remember how to put it back together. Trust me....I know this part from experience.

    ReplyDelete