Thursday, February 25, 2010

Allow me to tickle your taste buds!

So I got to thinking, that for those of you who are not into eating healthy, you might be losing interest in the material being supplied here as of late. You might be thinking that this is not what you signed up for. Just in case this has been your feeling, I thought I would throw a delicious, super easy soup recipe your way. This is in no way healthy, but so quick to make with no thawing required.

Cream of Tomato Soup

In a food processor or blender, combine 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can of stewed tomatoes and 4 ounces of cream cheese cubed. Cover and process till smooth. Set aside.
In a large saucepan, saute 1 medium onion chopped and 2 garlic cloves minced, in 2 tablespoons of butter. Whisk in 3 cans undiluted tomato soup, 4 (5 1/2 ounce) cans V8 juice, and 3 tablespoons tomato paste until blended.
Gradually stir in 1 cup half and half and cream cheese mixture and 1/2 tsp dried basil. Cook and stir until heated through. Do not boil.

Croutons (Perfect with this soup!!)
In a large bowl, combine 3 cups oyster crackers, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp dill weed, and 9 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella cheese. Toss to coat.


This soup is so very delicious and I have never tasted anything quite like these crackers. I will inform you however, that when I make the croutons, I don't really do it anything like this recipe says. I add a little more oil, and lots more ranch mix, garlic powder and dill. Don't even mention the "nine tablespoons of shredded mozzarella". Who on earth measures out nine tablespoons of anything??!! I just put in somewhere around a cup.

As far as the eating healthy thing, we are still trying. I will admit that I made this soup tonite and did in fact eat some:-(
But life is full of these little bumps in the diet. Right?
I am still exceedingly proud of Ally and myself for our progress and our new way of thinking. Not to mention the running, walking, and every other kind of this or thatting that helps you get into shape. It is so much more fun to do it with someone than by yourself! Even if that someone is about as thin as a rail and extremely muscular to boot (no, I unfortunately do not mean myself).

I'm off for coffee (tea for me) with a friend. Nice chatting with you all, even if it was rather one sided!

No comments:

Post a Comment