Sunday, March 7, 2010

Chaos and Jen do not go together well!

No indeed!! In fact we are a terrible match. Life has been utterly crazy compared to our rather hum drum stay at home and do school and cleaning and laundry type of life.
I'm so sorry that I haven't been keeping up with my promise to post our menu these last few days. But Jonny announced Friday, that he was going to continue the tearing down process in the hall and that it would be better for us to not be around. So I loaded up the kids for what I thought was an afternoon at Mom and Dad's and in fact turned out to be a weekend. As a matter of fact, we just got in tonight.
My house is torn apart between remodeling and yard sale paraphernalia and I just don't like it.
How am I ever going to survive the next month?? I can't even imagine!
The good news is that the cabinet people are planning on building our new cabinets this week, so the plan is for Jonny to tear out our kitchen next weekend. We are planning on moving in with Mom and Dad again except this time for a whole week.
It is a good thing they love us so much!
I'm so sorry to tell you, but I'm afraid the grocery shopping plan is rather messed up.
I am planning on trying to eat out the pantry alot this week. But given that we are not being able to stay here very much, and Mom and Dad don't have a pantry stocked up for little folks, I am going to be having to live day to day for the next couple of weeks.

I would love to say that I will keep you posted with what we are doing but I know better now than to promise that.
Here is my honey-do-list:
Finish tile and paint in girls bath
Finish wallpapering, tiling, and painting hall bath
Drywall and paint hallway
Paint Molly's room
Paint girls room and some of their furniture
Remodel kitchen (of course!)
Remodel downstairs bath (it is not even usable)
Paint two yellow walls green in family room
New floors in family room
Re tile fireplace
Paint piano and armoire
Re-cover red chair
And these are only the big things!!

I have been accused of being a work horse and after reading this list, I'm starting to believe this accusation. As you can see, we have a very long spring in front of us!

On a different note, I found two marvelous recipes that are extremely easy and delicious, but I don't have time to give them to you tonight. I will try my hardest to get on that either tomorrow or the next day.
Hope you had a wonderful day of rest today and that God ministered to you as lovingly as He ministered to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment