Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Being Thrifty

I read this blog one time about this lady who was determined to not go grocery shopping for so many weeks. This totally intrigued me. I have a very well stocked freezer and pantry due to couponing and sale shopping, and I have been thinking about trying this. I would of course have to buy produce and milk, but other than that could I in fact go a month without grocery shopping one time?
As I was reading her post, I noticed that some days the menu was rather interesting but I bet that her family was still able to get full.
My reason for possibly considering this is because I am in the middle of multiple home improvements as you well know by now, and I would love to have the extra money to buy paint, a new rug, tile, and the many other things that keep coming up during a remodel.

Okay, I have talked myself into it! I am going to challenge myself to not go to the store for anything other than absolute emergencies!!
I will try to post each day what we are eating (as she did) so you can possibly be motivated to try it for yourself. I have found that it's always easier to try something if you have seen someone else be successful at it.
I am now so excited that I can hardly contain myself!!!!!

I have to run now and start the tremendously humongous pile of ironing that needs to be done today. I don't really mind it though because I am planning on watching the old Pride and Prejudice. It is six movies long, so it should last through the pile of ironing.
If I can do all of this today, then tomorrow I'm planning on starting the long but exciting process of sorting through summer clothes. Just another step closer to the yard sale!!

1 comment:

  1. To do my part since Bruce got laid off, I decided to "shop" out of the freezer. Last night I fried deer steaks. (I'm not going to tell you the date written on the package...I found them waaay back in the freezer!!) I made roasted potatoes and salad to go with it. Delicious! I highly recommend Cavendar's Greek Seasoning for the potatoes and salad!

    Can't wait to hear of your creations!

    Have you noticed all the sales on fish for lent? I have stocked up!!

    ReplyDelete