Monday, July 19, 2010

Molly's Antics


This is my Molly. She is doing what she often does, laughing with her sister. Molly has been one of the most interesting adventures that I have ever walked in my thirty one years. Molly was born six years after my second daughter. She was much looked forward to and much prepared for. Her room was everything that a little girl could ever dream of. We couldn't wait for her to enter our world.
And then she came.
Molly hated our world for the first year of her life. She did nothing but scream and cry. She was always demanding attention. I remember the first time she ever sat down in her bouncy seat and didn't cry for a full five minutes. We were so hopeful at that point. As beautiful as she was, I seriously began wondering if I had made a mistake in interrupting our quiet, simple little family of four.
The bigger girls really struggled with not resenting the fact that we could never go out to eat or to see a movie because Molly would scream the entire time and we would have to take turns pacing and dancing with her. These acts would never make her happy, but would simply make the screaming a little less shrill.

Finally after the longest year of our lives, she turned one. It seemed at that point, she just decided to be happy. Since that day, she has either been wailing dramatically or laughing hysterically. She cannot stand to play by herself and never can seem to get enough snuggling.
She detests wearing anything except "fancy" dresses and hates it when I insist on something "tasual" (casual).

Molly has been making us laugh now for three years almost continuously. I thought that because of the number of comments I get each time I have posted on Facebook, some of the hilarious things that she has said, that I would devote an entire post to some of the more hilarious ones.
There by giving some of you who are just discovering that you have a personality type similar to this one, hope that there will many more days of laughter than there will be of tears. Just to help you understand her language, remember that Molly doesn't say her hard "k" sound so well. She tries her doggondest, but it just won't come out so well.

I will start with my Mom's favorite. It happened last year and is one of the first truly hilarious moments of our families "Mollyisms".
I was sitting in the floor of the nursery changing one of the boys diapers. Molly walks in and says "Where is dat nudder one baby?" Being the game player I frequently am, I asked her "What nudder one baby?" She looks at me as if I'm crazy and says "You know!! Dat nudder one baby dat matches dis one!"

Another one came this spring. Molly had a friend over to play one afternoon and being little girls, there was a little drama going on. Well her friend was busy playing something else and at that moment, not feeling like playing with Molly. So Molly comes up crying to Ally, "She hates me!!" Ally ready to come to the defense of her little sister stand up ready for ultimate big sister protection and asks her "Did she tell you she hates you?". Molly in a rare moment of complete honesty, shrugs her shoulders and remarks "Well, she was finkin' it!"

My next example sounds a little violent, but if you would be good enough to consider that she has been watching "Five Mile Creek" with all of us, you might more understand a four year olds thoughts. Her big sister Meg was doing something which I am sure was not necessarily the kindest thing although I have never been told what exactly it was. So Molly comes into the living room to "tell on her". She proceeds to tell her Daddy all about it, then surprises him by leaning into him and quietly asking "Do you fint we should shoot her?"
Jonny who has a bad habit of not making a big deal out of what I consider to be huge deals, simply says that he doesn't necessarily think that shooting Meg would be the best course of action. He thinks nothing more of it until I came downstairs wondering why Molly had come quietly into my room looking through my closet. When I asked her what she was looking for, thinking she was wanting to get into my jewelry box, she matter of factly announces that she is looking for Dad's gun. (Don't get to upset. It's only a pellet gun.)

Moving right along to a more feminine example. We were walking through the Landing with Mom one spring afternoon and Molly is skipping along behind stopping at every single flower pot to smell the flowers. She starts telling Nana how "these flowers are the most beeaauuutiful flowers" she has ever seen. Nana always the teacher tells her that those are Pansies. A few seconds later we hear her mumbling "Well they loot lite flowers to me".

Our next example will make Ally absolutely blush to the roots of her hair, but must be put on here. Molly was sitting on the potty which she does frequently. If you ask her why she has to go potty so often, she will simply tell you "I'm just a heavy drinker". Well in this particular gas station we were getting to know (we know every single one between here and Florida)
she was having a little trouble. After she finally is done, she looks up at me and with a red little face asks "Was dat diarrhea?" I told her no, it was not. She then wipes her little brow and says "Well dood, tause I was feelin' a little tonstipated!"

Well my memory is failing me now and I cannot think of any other silly Molly stories, although I am pretty sure that you have read enough to give you an idea of what my life has been like raising my precious little rascal.

I am now off to tackle two huge baskets of ironing that seriously make me want to dump them in a closet and pretend like I don't own them. See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Jen,
    I laughed so hard I cried when I was reading this post. I feel like I know little Molly pretty well. Love your blog and have it set as my "homepage" on my computer. Love and miss you and hope you're doing well

    Mers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are hilarious! I bet she keeps you entertained. Can't wait to experience those kinds of stories!

    ReplyDelete